As you prepare to jet-set with your love, check out these helpful tips on how to be ready for the trip of your lifetime.
1. If you plan to leave the day after your wedding, give your wedding dress to someone you trust to take it home for you. Or have the front desk at your hotel arrange to help you with it.
2. Booking an international honeymoon? Brides, don’t worry! You can still fly with your maiden-named passport! Just make sure to book your flights under your maiden name. As long as the names on your passport and ticket match, you are good to go.
3. Make sure to alert your credit cards and banks if you plan to travel abroad. Nothing is worse than not being able to access your funds while away.
4. Familiarize yourself with the local currency at your location. Know if you need to exchange currency, where and how much the rate is.
5. Add an international cell phone plan if needed. Or, turn your phones off for optimal relaxation together!
6. When it comes to planning a honeymoon, I recommend using a travel agent. That’s the last trip you want something to go wrong on! Hiring one ensures you will have a great resort/activities that are recommended. I highly recommend Jerre Martin.
7. Buy and take a decent camera with you. You will regret it later if you don’t! I highly recommend the Sony a6000’s line! Easy to use for any skill level, and compact! If you need to purchase one, I highly recommend this one from B&H here. Plus they are tax free!
8. Look into flight upgrades for seats in first or business class about 2 weeks before you fly. Hint, hint husbands 🙂
9. If you plan to go somewhere that you feel uncomfortable wearing and taking your engagement/wedding ring to, buy a fake one on Amazon and pimp it on the trip. Especially if your ring is not insured. No one will ever be able to tell. That’s what I do! Sometimes I just don’t want to risk it, depending on the area you are visiting.
10. Remember to set your automatic replies on your work email. Don’t piss off your spouse and work during!
For tips and advice on how to do Bora Bora and Moor’ea on a budget for your honeymoon like we did, visit this post to read more: Bora Bora and Moorea on a Budget